Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Transformation

A few months ago, I was telling Jason that it was time to replace our front room and hall carpet. He thought we should just put down some wood. So then my imagination started running. I truly loathed the white tile with white grout in the kitchen, so I convinced him to take that out too. He was sad he suggested the wood. I was thrilled.


Sorry, you all know how blogger is with posting pictures, they get out of order sometimes. Jake the big helper. He mimicked everything Jason was doing.

Some of our helping hands. Thank you to all who assisted. The tile was cemented to the sub floor, so that ended up coming out too which was quite the process. Jason was FABULOUS throughout this whole thing. He'd come home from work, change his clothes and work 6 hours on the house. He's amazing!



Front room before... but after we removed the furniture. Notice the brass fireplace, in the after picture it's not brass anymore!




Kitchen before. The tile that I DON'T miss and the red walls that I am happy to say are gone.






Kitchen from the front room view. Red walls equal a dark room.



Now AFTER pictures:





No more half red wall or chair rail! It's so much brighter in here!!!




Beautifully painted cabinets. A special thanks to our amazing painter Frank. He is awesome and I am happy to hand out his number because this guy knows what he's doing. AND my friend Chelsie showed me a blog where the person just spray painted her current cabinet handles and they were the same as mine. So, wala! 20 new handles for $4.50... total. And about 40 hinges. I. LOVE. IT.




Thank you to Clark and Chelsie for the bead board idea. LOVE IT!





Front room 'after'. All of the furniture is the same and I need to find a good area rug. But can I say again, I LOVE IT!! And one evening this last week I decided to get rid of the brass fireplace. Another $4.50 for high heat spray paint and poof ... new look! We didn't paint in here because we like the paint and texture already here, but the new baseboards are wonderful.
These last 8 weeks have been busy for Jason and he's worked like a mad man getting everything done. Thank you. And thanks to the rest of you for indulging me in my rant about my renovation!



5 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! Your house looks so great! I love the kitchen and the living room's new look! It's amazing!

C C & R said...

Yay! I love the before and afters!

Rob and Marseille said...

Looks great! I can't wait to see it in person!

Rob and Marseille said...

ps. what did you do while your kitchen was under construction?

KellySummer said...

looks awesome! wanna come see the real thing.