Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pearl Harbor

Our trip to Hawaii was FABULOUS!  I can't wait to go back... someday.  We started off in Oahu for a couple of days then went to Kauai.  Oahu was fabulous.  But, really I am in love with Kauai.

Sydney found her name on the map at Pearl Harbor. She couldn't figure out why Jake's name wasn't on the map also.

There were several pieces of equipment for the kids to play on, they had a blast.

Beautiful.
Why the trash can,
and my hind-parts?

Sydney had the camera!  She is hilarious and likes to take funny pictures like this one of her and her uncle Tony.
 She took this one too


Happy kids.

Dear Lord
Lest I continue
My complacent way
Help me to remember
Somehow out there
A man died for me today.
As long as there be war
I then must
Ask and answer
Am I worth dying for?   

Pearl Harbor was fun, but also very educational and sobering.  The above poem is one that Eleanor Roosevelt kept in her wallet during WWII.  I was touched and thought about how it applies to me today.  There are many soldiers, husbands, fathers, sons, daughters, mothers, sisters, who are fighting for our country today.  Many thanks to all who sacrifice for our safety.

This is the portion of the USS Arizona that is still above water.  It was a reverent place to be.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

So fun that you guys got to go to Hawaii together! Pearl Harbor is amazing!