Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kauai

Today is catch-up day!  Hopefully I will get all of the posting done so I won't feel so behind. 

We were in Kauai for a week and it was amazing.  I relax just thinking about it.
This is a tree tunnel in Poipu - it is gorgeous and much longer than it appears in this picture, this was just the end of it.

The kids LOVE the beach.  We've been home for 2 weeks now and Jake keeps asking to 'go beach?'.  Poor guy will realize one day that we live in Utah.  A beachless state.  It's just against my nature.

Happy Jake.  He really loved the sand, is scared of the ocean (which made it much easier to watch him).


We went on an airplane ride around the island.  It was gorgeous.  This is the famous Nepali Coast that you can only see by air or by boat.  Many a move have been filmed on this island.  We saw Pirates 4 when we got back and there were several places in the movie that we had seen in Kauai.

Waimea Canyon.  Beautiful.



Wailua Falls.   We drove to it a couple of days before but it was much more beautiful from the air.



1 comments:

Elise said...

This is my favorite island too. I remember the tree tunnel. Did you ever stop at one of the shrimp shacks along the road? They are fantastic. I'm glad you're posting all of these pictures because it is fun to see you enjoying your trip!