Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sugar Bowl

University of Utah Utes - UNDEFEATED Sugar Bowl Champions

Well this blog is a few months in coming, but better late than never. My dad and I went to New Orleans for the 2009 Sugar Bowl, and it was one of the coolest things I've ever done. We had a BLAST, just being there and enjoying all of the bowl game events, as well as a few tourist attractions. Neither of us had been to the Big Easy, and it was quite the experience to be on Bourbon Street New Year's Eve...
Below are a few photos of the trip. GO UTES!!

Bourbon Street, Packed on New Year's Eve





A common sight on Bourbon Street. The bars were double-decker and the "bird's-eye view" was ideal for prompting people to "earn" beads...




We found a sports bar off of Bourbon Street and had some gumbo and jumbalaya. Too bad we got stuck watching the Junior Hockey Invitational...


Crowded Place. One local said this was the busiest she can remember for years, topping Mardi Gras even!


We took a "Ute RiverBoat Cruise" and had a blast on the Mississippi River with fellow Ute fans.




Gotta get in some Zzzz's before the Pep Rally...






The Pep Rally. I think every Ute fan in the city must have shown up...




Go Team.


The morning of Game Day we took a tour of the Bayou Swamp. This is us in line to board the boats.


Our tour guide. The most country-bumpkin, inbred hick son-of-a-gun I've ever met. He was awesome!





A house on the Bayou. When Hurricane Katrina hit, this house had 3 inches of water on the main floor, and the house on the right (not on stilts) was totally underwater.





Taking a stroll down the swamp. The boat barely fit through some of these places!




This is a wild boar.



Who can see the Alligator?
What an experience.
The tail-gating party hours before the game. Live Jazz band, tons of food, and lots of fun.
The view from our seats.
We had some time to kill, so we hiked to the top of the Superdome...I'm not kidding, there were 5 escalators to get to the top.
Who can guess why I took this picture...?
Kickoff!! The start of the best quarter of football I've ever seen, and the beginning of the end for the poor Crimson Tide.
When the dust had settled, the Utes stood alone. Did that just happen?!?!
Trophy Presentation.
A sweet sweet victory, and an amazing trip! Thanks dad, I'll remember this one forever.


GO UTES!!!

1 comments:

Britters and Parx said...

you have the cutest kids, can I just tell you?? How are you Brit?

Brittany Brown Visser