Monday, December 8, 2008

The Week in Review

This is the summary of the last 6 days at our house: 3 people with the stomach flu (at least we took a day off in between each person's turn), 2 ear infections (no wonder she has been throwing so many fits lately), and a sore throat. What a week! I thought I would escape the stomach flu, but it attacked me Saturday night and I have now paid my dues. Syd had it first last Tuesday in the wee hours of the morning and Jason had it by Thursday afternoon.

Syd has been throwing some serious fits lately and we thought it was just her teeth, but when I was in bed yesterday trying to keep anything down Jason decided he'd had enough and took her to the doctor. At one point he sent me a text saying she doesn't even have a fever, so he's doubtful, then moments later - 2 ear infections. Hallelujah! Not that I want her to suffer, but I was getting quite nervous about the fits and how long they were going to last. It's alwasy nice to know what is causing things like that and that we're not just terrible parents.

We are all on the mend now - I hope we can stay this way. Being 7 months pregnant and having the stomach flu isn't good for anybody. I am just hoping Jason's sore throat from this morning was a figment of his imagination... I can hope.

1 comments:

Liz said...

Being sick while pregnant is the worst! I had the flu when I was 8 weeks pregnant with George, and I thought I was going to die. Seriously. I dare say it was worse than morning sickness. Good thing Jason could help with Sydney. Too bad everyone got a little something though. Hopefully everyone is well now.

I'm so excited for you to have your baby boy!