Friday, August 15, 2008

San Francisco

For our 4th Anniversary, Jason surprised me with a trip to San Francisco! He told me about a month before so we could plan things out together. It was a blast! I think it was our first vacation childless since Syd was born. We love her, but it was so nice to be together and not worry about Syd and what she was up to.
This is our favorite mexican establishment - CHEVY'S. They're no longer in business in Utah so it's really fun to find them when we're traveling. We were in San Fran for 3 days and ate there twice!
Another favorite - In-n-out. Ok, we know our lives revolve around food, but it's what we love. The weather was nice and cool and we went to everything we'd planned: Alcatraz, Chinatown, GG Bridge, GG Park, Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradeli Square, Pier 39... etc.
So we were totally tourists and rode the street car whenever we could because the weather was so nice and it was fun. We rode mass transit the entire trip - even from the airport - it was definitely the way to go. It was fast, easy, cheap, and fun. Who knew it was so fun to vacation alone?!?

2 comments:

Emily and Danny said...

And you didn't call me or Brooke!!!!! I am glad you had a great time. we need to all get together sometime. Call us the next time you come to the bay!

Liz said...

You came to town and didn't tell me???? How dare you spend an anniversary in San Francisco without letting me know?!? I love food to, and I have so many good picks in the city. Next time! I'm glad you all had a great trip.