Since I (Jason) put Sydney to bed at night, Brittany misses out on these little moments. Since sometimes I forget to share them with her (this blog will be a surprise to her, for example...), I thought I'd relay the dialogue Sydney and I had last night while reading scriptures.
FYI, I'm referring to the 'Animated Storeis from the Book of Mormon', cool pictures, etc. I'm sure you all grew up on it too...

Dad: Sydney, what scripture story should we read tonight?
Sydney: Um, Jesus' Tree! (Lehi's Vision of the Tree of Life, 1 Nephi 8)
Dad: Why don't you tell me the story this time?
Sydney: Ok...(this was the first time I've ever asked HER to tell ME the story)
Dad: Who is in the first picture?
Sydney: That's Nephi's daddy.
Dad: What's his name?
Sydney: Um...Le-hi?
Dad: Wow you are so smart! What happens in the next picture?
Sydney: Nephi's daddy wants to talk to Jesus.
Dad: What does Jesus tell him?
Sydney: He say, "Come see My tree".
Dad: Oh really?
Sydney: Yeah, (pointing to the Tree of Life on the page) this is Jesus' Tree. See? It has a rod.
Dad: What is the rod for?
Sydney: So they don't get lost in the dark.
Dad: Where does the rod go?
Sydney: To Jesus' Tree
Dad: What's on the tree?
Sydney: Fruit, but you need to blow on it. (the fruit is white, so she thinks it's hot)
Dad: How does the fruit taste?
Sydney: Good.
Dad: Oh yummy.
Sydney: Yeah, see? Lots of people are coming for fruit. (she's pointing to the people in the Great and Spacious Buiding actually... we haven't introduced the wickedness aspect of the building quite yet...)
Dad: Yeah, everyone wants to eat some of Jesus' fruit, huh?
Sydney: Yeah, I want some fruit! It's yummy.
Dad: Ok Syd, love you, time for bed.
Sydney: Silly Daddy, you forget prayers!
Fun moments for a parent. It's also nice to see I have not yet totally screwed her up...
0 comments:
Post a Comment