This isn't my favorite part about being a parent. Seriously, the poop in underwear is gross and not for the faint of heart. . . or someone with a sensitive gag reflex. Syd is doing fairly well but is as stubborn as her mother so at times she just doesn't want to go!
I don't enjoy being a nag but have found myself following her around the house at times trying to convince her to use the potty. It's a difficult balance between forcing her to sit on the toilet or her little potty and just trying to help her recognize the need.
She gets credit for doing well even if ther was an incident in Chick-Fil-A on Monday with wet pants. We shouldn't have walked there for family night without a change of pants. That's our fault. While I sat in the bathroom with her on the changing table for 10 minutes while Jason literally ran home and almost vomited in our neighbor's yard because he had a full stomach of chicken before he ran the mile home.... I realized I would not leave the house to go somewhere again without that change of pants. I am still learning.
4 comments:
Oh the things we learn! The moment you don't have a spare diaper/outfit is the moment you will never forget to bring one the next time!
Parenthood is priceless! We always found it interesting how when we were (and will be ;0)) potty-training, suddenly poop and pee are normal topics of conversation and things to celebrate! Good luck!
Hey guys! I was so excited to see your blog. It has been a long time! You have such a sweet family! I am right there with you on the potty training... it is a mystery to me and I am constantly on the learning end. I look forward to reading your blog and catching up!
i read this just laughing, first because i have always known you ahd a problem going, you would always wait untl the last min, and had a few accidents yourself (haha)i was just there and i know what you mean about convincing them they have to go "if you go potty you can stay up late" or any other bribe you can think of. how it sticks!
Post a Comment