Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Grateful oh so grateful

This morning I could shout for joy and hug most anyone. I am breathing a sigh of relief. Last night as I was taking some of the Young Women home from mutual, our SUV was doing some very weird things and it was NOT driving correctly. Jason drove it when I got home and we agreed we needed to take it in today. Durangos do have a reputation for needing transmission work at times, so I feared the worst - a new transmission.

After spending a couple of hours researching problems like this online I was again confirmed with my fear that our bank account was going to downsize and we would be a one car family AGAIN for a few days.

This morning Jason called and made an appointment to take the car in and we got it all ready to go. He called his buddy Justin who he works with and asked him about it he said he was near our house on his way into work (they work together) and would stop by. They took a ride around the block and when they got back... Jason said, oh just leave Syd in bed and let her sleep ---- someone (my guess is that Syd got in there and moved some switches around) had put the car in 4 wheel drive and that's why it was acting up when I tried to parallel park!!! Turns out parallel parking in 4 wheel drive on dry pavement doesn't work so well. They put the car in 2 wheel and it drives great.

HAPPY DAY! Today I am grateful for friends who care enough to stop on by and take a look, thanks Justin!!

0 comments: