Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Easter 2014

Better late than never right?  I am tremendously behind in documenting our family's life but that's what happens sometimes. 
 
Easter 2014.  We joined a local church in their annual egg hunt and the kids loved it as usual.
 
Kate was in a section specifically for small ones and wasn't in a hurry to pick up eggs but she was having a great time.  She was smiling and laughing once she figured out  what to do. 
 throat

Jake and Syd were a bit more serious about the whole thing, this is a serious competition.  At the end of the hunt the Pastor announced that some children arrived late and didn't get any eggs.  Both of them donated some of theirs to the cause.  I was proud of them.
 

 
Syd ran into a friend from her school class.

 
The next morning we awoke to an egg hunt in the backyard.  That Easter Bunny is sneaky.  Everyone is still wearing at least part of their pajamas but it was cold so they bundled up and went out. 


 
Kate was still thrilled by the whole thing, especially when she discovered some of the eggs had M&Ms and jellybeans in them.
 
We enjoyed a nice Easter dinner with Jason's side of the family.  I am extremely grateful for the holidays that we have to stop and reflect on the love and care that the Savior has for us.  I am grateful for the plan of salvation and that our loving Heavenly Father blesses us to be able to repent again and again.

0 comments: